Google Adsense? What Is That?
Google Adsense is among the primary profit generators for blogs and sites. Usually, you are able to drastically improve your click-through rate and total net by placing the advertisements wisely, by improving the material targeting or by optimizing the ad units directly. Below I will cover the last point,
How to optimize the Adsense units with 8 simple tips:
- The three top performing ad units are 336×280 large rectangle, 300×250 inline rectangle, and 160×600 wide skyscraper. Think about using those units if possible, but bear in mind that other formats would be more appropriate for your site design.
- The more successful link color is blue. This info is connected with the roots of the Internet where all major sites used to feature blue links. We as buyers are used to this style of the link and it works.
- Aside from blue links you are able to also use a link color that matches the pattern of your site (i.e. if you use green links make the Adsense links of the same color).
- As a general rule of thumb, blend (no border, same background) your Adsense units if your site has a light color scheme and contrast (border, contrasting background) the units if you’re using a dark color scheme. The more organic you make the ads look, usually the better the click through.
- If the advertisements are based on the content you should avoid using borders while advertisement units outside of the content can use borders to call attention.
- If your site has mainly repeat visitors (like Forums) you are able to rotate the background color of the units to cut back advertisement blindness
- Consider removing the “Advertise on this site” message from your units. That can be done on the control panel under the “My Account” section, disabling the “Onsite Advertiser Sign-Up” feature.
- Test, test, and test. Every website is unique so make sure you test with different colors and formats and track the results to fine-tune your Adsense.
For a first-time ad campaign,
Google AdSense is a great way to get started and earn your first income. It’s easy to implement into WordPress with a plugin and runs itself, and depending on your niche you can earn a good income. However, using AdSense in the make money online niche will not earn as much as affiliate ads targeted to your readers. The payments I have experienced are a few dollars at most.
Due to the simplicity of Google’s AdeSense program, it is worth taking some time to create a campaign and run it on your blog. Test it for a while and if you find it isn’t working for you then move into affiliate ads or another form of advertising. But as mentioned some niches work much better than others.